Amarnath Yatra is one of the religious journeys, which is regarded of great significance in Hindu religion. This year yatra has been scheduled from 01st July 2019 to 15th August 2019. So in this post you can find some of the important tips to prepare for Amarnath Yatra in 2019.
Legend of Amarnath Yatra:
Legends also say that before revealing the secret, Lord Shiva asked Rudra to destroy all forms of life around the Amarnath cave, just to prevent the secret of immortality for eavesdrop.
But, there was a pair of pigeon, inside the cave, that heard the secret of creation & immortality (Amar Katha). Henceforth, the caves acquired its name ‘Amarnath’.
The Amarnath Cave beholds great religious significance. This is said to be the place where Baba Bholenath Shankar told the Amar Katha to Maa Parvati. The religious site is also praised for a moral awakening.
It is important for the pilgrims and visitors to know about the preparations of the Amarnath Yatra. Medical certificate is a must before taking the arduous journey. Moreover, the authorities also take care of various preparations like water availability and uninterrupted power supply. The route is also maintained in simplifying the level of arduous religious trail.
Medical Fitness for Amarnath Yatra:
Documents during Amarnath Yatra:
Foods & Accommodation:
Special Advice for Amarnath Yatris:
Here are a few simple notes for travelers:
- Do not trek alone. Try to move in groups. Also make sure people moving ahead you and behind you in your sight.
- Be helpful. Provide help to your fellow yatris.
- There are Lavatories/urinals installed in the camps and en-route the Amaranth Cave for the use of Yatris.
- Pilgrims are advised to carry warm clothes and insect repellents.
- Pilgrims have to follow certain rules & regulations as set by the organizing committee. These rules and regulations are imposed only to ascertain smooth journey.
Routes for Amarnath Yatra:
How to Reach:
Srinagar is the nearest airport to reach Amarnath. If traveling by rail, Jammu is the nearest railway station to reach Amarnath. Pahalgam or Baltal are the two nodal points from where the religious journey to the Sri Amarnath Ji Shrine begins.
To reach the Amarnath Cave, pilgrim could choose from two options that are available of this pilgrimage. One is through trekking on foot and yet another is to reach Amarnath Yatra by helicopter which is more suited to the elderly and families with kids.