Dates for Shri Amarnathji Yatra 2019
Religious Significance of Amarnath Yatra
Age Limit for Amarnath Yatris
Reaching the Trekking Points for Beginning Amarnath Cave Yatra
How to reach Amarnath Cave from Pahalgam
How to reach Amarnath Cave from Baltal
Why Amarnath Yatra from Baltal is Popular?
Benefits of Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter
Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter (from Baltal)
Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter Cost
Preparation for Amarnath Yatra
Amarnath Yatra Planning: Travel Tips
Amarnath Yatra is organized every year by the government of Jammu and Kashmir between the months of June to August. This time of the year also happens to be the festive time of Shravana Mela. There are many Hindu legends interwoven in and around Amarnath Cave one of which say that the Shiva, the Hindu god of destruction, imparted the secret of immortality to his consort Parvati in the cave of Amarnath.
Amarnath Yatra is one of the most popular Hindu pilgrimages in India besides Chardham Yatra and Vaishno Devi Yatra which are also undertaken by millions of devotees each year. Then there are temple tours which are undertaken by scores of devotees and tourists alike.
Since it’s a trekking trail from Baltal, the pilgrimage to Amarnath requires physical and mental agility. The lush landscape and rolling hills do provide refreshment both to the eyes and the mind of the pilgrims. Whereas the young and adventurous souls prefer to walk to the cave on foot, aged people and those who have a time constraint often prefer to undertake pilgrimage to Amarnath by helicopter.
Trekking in the Amarnath is a thrilling experience as the place is situated in the narrow gorge nestled along the Lidder Valley at an average altitude of 3,888 meters above the sea level. Pilgrims undertaking Amarnath Yatra could begin either from Baltal (near Zoji La pass) or from Pahalgam. Each of these destinations is blessed with scenic natural beauty.
You shall need registration for Amarnath Yatra to get the yatra permit, without which you could not go beyond Pahalgam (Chandanwari) and Baltal (Domel) for the Amarnath Yatra.
It is always advisable to carry enough warm clothes and insect repellents while you are going on a pilgrimage to Amarnath.
Non vegetarian food is not allowed on the Amarnath Yatra route as well as fried rice, creams, butter, fast food, pickles, cold drinks and sweets (jalebi, halwa, gulab jamun etc.) are banned in the area.
Also carry stock of biscuit, sugar, candies, chocolate, assorted dry fruits, milk powder, honey, pickles, and tinned foods along with you to help you regain your energy especially if you are trekking to the Amarnath Cave.
There are certain rules and regulations set by the organizing committee for a smooth Amarnath Yatra; thus every pilgrim is expected to obey these rules so that best can be enjoyed during this holy journey to the abode of Lord Shiva.
On your way back you could always enjoy a refreshing short break in Srinagar and do some Shikara ride, visit to Mughal gardens as well as take short detours to Gulmarg and Pahalgam for skiing and gondola rides.
How to Register for Amarnath Yatra
Amarnath Yatra is soon going to start on 01st July for the year 2019. If you still have not registered yourself for this Sri Amarnathji Yatra, follow these steps to get enrolled and get the opportunity to visit the sacred pilgrim center.
- Download Form & Certificate: Log on to the official website of Shri Amarnath ji Shrine Board and download the registration form. Fill the print out form with the details required. Also download and print the Compulsory Health Certificate.
- Health Certificate: To identify the location of the Authorized Doctor and Institutions to issue the Compulsory Health Certificate, you may visit the official website of Shri Amarnath ji Shrine Board. For the Amarnath Yatra’13, Health Certificate from an authorized Doctor or institution is made obligatory according to the guidelines of SASB.
- Registration Counter: Your form will only be considered for registration if submitted at the Designated Yatra Registration Counters. There are almost 422 Yatra Registration counters to collect the form for Amarnath Yatra’19.
- Submit Form & Certificate: After obtaining the compulsory health certificate, submit it at selected branches of PNB, J&K Bank, Yes Bank, HDFC, and SBI banks, together with your duly filled registration form. Do not forget to attest your passport sized photograph on the Amarnath Yatra Registration Form.
- Registration Fee: Along with the registration form and compulsory health certificate, you need to pay a very nominal charge.
- Yatra Permit: After verification of the registration form and the compulsory health certificate, the officer will issue Yatra Permit for you. Do not forget to take the Yatra Permit along during the Yatra to the Amarnath.
Procuring registration forms and medical certificates is easy and Jussttoursandtravels.com may even help you with the paperwork, if necessary. These steps will help you to get the registration done well in time and be a part of grand Amarnath Yatra this season.